The Uniting Strategic Plan 2020-2023 outlines our roadmap to achieve a real and lasting social impact. We work with people, communities, government and the community sector to realise our purpose through strengthening our:
Culture and practice
Building a strong culture and practice that enables us to walk alongside the people we serve and remain true to our foundation as a faith-based organisation.
Partnerships and advocacy
Earning the trust of individuals, families and communities as a valued partner in addressing systemic and social inequality.
Attracting a broad range of investment to grow and adapt in ways that are aligned to community needs and expectations.
Quality and impact
Building services that are responsive to community needs and context, and make a measurable difference for individuals and communities.
Capacity and capability
Building a skilled, committed and dynamic workforce. Systems and processes that enable us to meet the needs of the people we support and scale our reach and impact.
We commit to:
- Listen without judgement, walk alongside and amplify the voices of people we support
- Build relationships to create connections and a place to belong
- Innovate, collaborate and work respectfully alongside others who share our vision to drive social impact
- Build evidence, share knowledge and measure outcomes so we know the difference we are making
- Lead the way to generate awareness and create influence
- Steward our resources responsibly to ensure we retain capacity to affect meaningful change
- Deliver quality individualised services in a sustainable way
- Reduce organisational complexity and develop new revenue options
- Partner deeply with our First Peoples to build a strong future together.
People with disability
We acknowledge the pain and suffering of all those who have experienced violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation at the hands of individuals or services. We continue to fully support the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability.
We’re committed to providing a nurturing environment where all children feel safe, valued and heard. And we’ll do everything in our power to safeguard children from all forms of abuse.
Our full commitment to child safety is available here.
Many people we work with have been directly impacted by the past and present injustices faced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Western Australia.
Daily, we are aware of the impact on Aboriginal communities as well as individual people. We’re committed to the cultural education and competency of our team, to ensure Uniting is an active contributor to Reconciliation and justice.